How many hours of work experience do I need as a Live-in Caregiver to apply for permanent residence?
Live-in caregivers working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program need a certain amount of work experience to apply for permanent residence. They can qualify with one of two amounts of experience:
- 24 months of authorized full-time employment; or
- 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment.
Live-in caregivers applying for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program, must choose one of these options. We will assess the application according to the option the applicant chooses.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: