Why do I need to clear my browser cache?
It is a good idea to clear your browser cache because it:
- prevents you from using old forms
- protects your personal information
- helps our applications run better on your computer
When you visit a website, your browser stores:
- information (such as the location of the site you visited)
- files used to run an online application
- downloads (such as old versions of forms)
When we update our application, your browser may still use old files. If you don’t clear your cache, you may see old forms. Old files can cause display or access problems when you apply online.
Find out how to clear your browser cache in:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Safari on your desktop
It’s important to sign out and close your browser before leaving your computer unattended. This prevents unauthorized access to your personal information.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
- Date modified: