What can I apply for online?
You can apply online to
- get a study permit
- get a work permit (including International Experience Canada (IEC))
- get a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, student or worker
- immigrate as a skilled worker (Canadian experience class, federal skilled trades class, federal skilled worker class and some provincial nominees) through Express Entry
You can also
- transfer between schools (designated learning institutions (DLIs))
- restore your status as a visitor, student or worker (within 90 days of the date your temporary resident status expired)
- submit applications for your family members when you apply for or extend a study or work permit, or apply for a visitor visa or to extend your stay in Canada
Answers others found useful
- Can I adopt a child from countries experiencing armed conflict or natural disasters?
- How long will the adoption process take?
- Will my child automatically have a right to a Canadian passport once he or she gets citizenship?
- Do the criteria for permanent residence and for a grant of citizenship differ for adopted children?
- Should I apply for permanent residence for my adopted child, rather than Canadian citizenship?
- I have applied for permanent residence for my adopted child. Is it too late to apply for citizenship instead?
Form and guide
- Date modified: