What can I apply for online?
You can apply online to
- get a study permit
- get a work permit (including International Experience Canada (IEC))
- get a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, student or worker
- immigrate as a skilled worker (Canadian experience class, federal skilled trades class, federal skilled worker class and some provincial nominees) through Express Entry
- get a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)
- ask for a search of citizenship records
You can also
- transfer between schools (designated learning institutions (DLIs))
- restore your status as a visitor, student or worker (within 90 days of the date your temporary resident status expired)
- submit applications for your family members when you apply for or extend a study or work permit, or apply for a visitor visa or to extend your stay in Canada
Through the online citizenship application, you can apply to become a Canadian citizen (citizenship grant).
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: