How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
IRCC secure account
To change or review your answers, click on "Modify my answers" in the top right corner.
Click on "Modify" beside the answer you would like to update. When you're done, click the "Return to your online application link at the bottom left of the page.
If you do change an answer, you may need to update other answers or answer more questions based on your changes.
Don't use your browser's "Back" and "Forward" buttons (the arrows in the top left corner of the screen). Using these buttons may cause you to lose answers. You may need to start over.
Online application to become a Canadian citizen
You can go to any section of the application to directly change your answers. Some sections also have an “Edit” button that you can click to make your changes.
You can change your answers or upload documents any time up until when you submit the application.
You can view, but not directly update, your submitted application.
To update your information, wait until you receive your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) email before contacting us.
- You’ll receive an AOR after we receive your application and check that it’s complete.
- We cannot update your information until you get the AOR.
After you receive your AOR, you can
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: