After I apply for citizenship, how long will it be before I write the citizenship test?
Due to COVID-19, we cancelled
- all in-person citizenship tests
- We’re now inviting some applicants to take the citizenship test online.
- If you can’t or don’t want to do the online test, you may wait until in-person tests resume (date to be determined).
- most retests, interviews and hearings (including videoconference hearings)
- Wait for us to contact you.
- If you need to change your appointment, contact the office that sent the invitation.
- The contact information is in the letter we sent.
The time between submitting your application and writing the citizenship test can be different for everyone. It depends on your case and on our processing times.
We will mail you a notice letting you know the time and location of your test. This is your official confirmation that you will be taking the citizenship test.
Check your application status to see when we mailed your notices.
If you move to a new address, you must tell us. Update your address online.
If you need urgent processing, check to see if you qualify.
- Date modified: