What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)?
The Document checklist [CIT 0014] (PDF, 0.99 MB) explains
- which documents you need to send, based on your situation
- the required document formats (original or colour copy)
- Colour or scanned colour copies of your documents must be clear and easy to read.
Do not send birth certificates or marriage certificates issued by the Government of Quebec before January 1, 1994. For more information, contact the Directeur de l’état civil du Québec.
If your documents aren’t in English or French, send us a
Answers others found useful
- What should I do if my PR card has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- I’ve lost my citizenship card/certificate. How do I replace it?
- How do I replace my Refugee Protection Claimant Document?
Form and guide
- Date modified: