Am I eligible to apply as a permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class?
To be eligible, you must
- have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the 3 years before you apply
- meet or exceed the required language levels needed for the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level of your work experience in each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening)
Skilled work experience means work experience gained in Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities categories 0, 1, 2 or 3.
To find out if your work experience qualifies, search for it in the list of jobs classified under the NOC.
There are also other requirements you must meet.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date modified: