Will my access to information or privacy request be processed faster if my representative sends it?
If you choose to hire a representative, your application will not be given special attention, nor can you expect faster processing. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use the services of a representative or not.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that the use of a representative to assist in the completion of your Access to Information or Privacy application is a personal choice. Please note that the Government of Canada does not recommend or endorse any individual representative. Visit the following page for more information on representatives.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
- Date modified: