Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Will my access to information or privacy request be processed faster if my representative sends it?

If you choose to hire a representative, your application will not be given special attention, nor can you expect faster processing. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use the services of a representative or not.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that the use of a representative to assist in the completion of your Access to Information or Privacy application is a personal choice. Please note that the Government of Canada does not recommend or endorse any individual representative. Visit the following page for more information on representatives.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: