How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
If submitting a request electronically, you must do so through the ATIP Online Request tool. Once you have completed the questions, the request will be automatically sent to the Access to Information and Privacy Division at IRCC.
If submitting a written request, you must complete one of the following forms:
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC's) Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)
- The Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat’s Access to Information Request Form (TBC/CTC 350-57)
- The Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat’s Personal Information Request Form (TBC/CTC 350-58).
You may also submit a letter, as long as it indicates under which Act the request is being made and includes sufficient detail to enable an employee of IRCC to identify the records that are being requested.
You can send your completed form or letter to:
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Note: Credit card payment is only accepted via the ATIP Online Request tool. If paying the application fee by cheque or money order, you must send your request by regular mail.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
- Date modified: