How can I extend my stay as a visitor?
If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.
For the steps to apply, see How to apply to extend your stay as a visitor.
Study and work permit holders
If your visitor visa expired and you need to leave and return to Canada, you need to apply for a new visitor visa (not a visitor record).
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
Form and guide
- Date modified: