Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I want to study in Canada for less than 6 months. Do I need a study permit?

It depends on where you’re applying from.

If you’re applying from outside of Canada

Due to COVID-19, if you want to study in Canada for 6 months or less, you’re now required to

You won’t be able to travel to Canada if you don’t have a study permit and your DLI isn’t on the approved list.

If you’re already in Canada

No. If you’re already in Canada, you don’t need a study permit for a course or study program that lasts 6 months or less. You must get a study permit if you want to study for longer than 6 months.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: