How do I renew my study permit while I am in Canada?
Most people must apply online to extend their study permit from within Canada. You should submit an application to extend your study permit before your current permit expires.
If your study permit has already expired
You need to restore your status as a student, as well as extend your study permit. You must apply to restore your status within 90 days of losing it. If you don’t, you must leave Canada.
You can’t continue your studies until we restore your status as a student in Canada and extend your study permit.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
Form and guide
- Date modified: