Can I continue to work during scheduled school breaks?
Generally, yes. Your study permit must still be valid and you must still meet all the requirements.
If you work off-campus
You can work full-time during scheduled breaks, like over summer holidays and during spring break. You must meet all the requirements for working off-campus before you start working. Once your school year restarts, you can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
If you work on-campus
You can work full-time during scheduled breaks, like over summer holidays and during spring break. You must meet all the requirements for working on-campus before you start working.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
Form and guide
- Date modified: