Can I work as many hours as I want if I’m eligible to work off-campus?
Help us improve our service!
No. If you’re eligible to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session. During scheduled breaks, like the summer or winter holidays and spring break, you’re allowed to work more than 20 hours.
You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin. Find out more about who can work off-campus, including part-time students and students on authorized leave.
If you’ve completed your study program, you may be able to work full-time.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
Form and guide
- Date modified: