Do I need an eTA or visa to study in Canada?
Depending on your citizenship, you may need an eTA or a visitor visa, as well as a study permit. Your eTA or visa will be issued to you at the same time as your study permit. You do not need to apply separately or to pay an additional fee.
Most students now need to give biometrics when they apply for a study permit. Answer a few questions to find out if you need to give fingerprints and photo (biometrics).
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date modified: