What are processing times?
Processing times tell you how long you can expect it will take us to process an application under normal circumstances.
A processing time starts the day we receive an application and ends when we make a decision. If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.
Various factors can affect the processing time including:
- the type of application submitted
- if the application is complete
- how quickly we process applications we’ve already received
- how easily we can verify your information
- how long you take to respond to any request or concerns
- other factors
We have an explanation below each processing time for how it’s calculated.
See, “how are processing times calculated?”
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: