What is the difference between processing times and service standards?
Service standards are goals we try to meet for programs. Service standards are not calculated and are only updated when they change. Not all programs have service standards.
For most programs, processing times tell you how long it took to process most complete applications in the past and are updated weekly.
For some permanent resident programs, processing times show an estimate of how long you can expect it to take for new applications to be processed.
We report annually on our performance (actual processing times) against service standards.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: