What do you mean by authentication?
It is a secure means to recognize a user when accessing government services online. The user remains anonymous, and the authentication process just confirms that the credential is valid and is in the hands of the owner of the credential. Credential authentication does not reveal or confirm identity to the government website. It receives only a message confirming that your credential (username/password) was successfully validated by your bank or by the government.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: