What are the advantages of using my online banking credentials?
Your existing credentials, such as your online banking credentials, are familiar as you may already use them on a regular basis. Using your credential from one of the Sign-In Partners to access government services is convenient as you don’t have to remember a different user ID and password.
The safeguarding of Canadians’ information online is a priority for the Government of Canada and measures have been put in place to ensure secure online access which respects privacy.
Remember that when you use a Sign-In Partner, none of your banking or personally identifiable information is communicated to the government service you are trying to access and the Government of Canada does not know which Sign-In Partner (or financial institution) you have used. Similarly, no information about the government service being accessed by the user will be shared with the user's Sign-in Partner.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: