Will any of my banking information be shared if I use Sign-In Partner?
No, your banking information is not shared when you use a Sign-In Partner (Interac® sign-in service).
The technology is designed in such a way that the Government of Canada will not know which Sign-In Partner (or financial institution) you have used. Similarly, the bank will not know which government department or agency its customer contacted. Also, the credential broker who facilitates this interaction will not know the identity of the individual or business. The participating financial institutions and departments and agencies will not share any information that identifies individuals, as directed under privacy legislation.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: