I already made a refugee claim. What happens now that we submit claims through the IRCC Portal?
We’ll still review your refugee claim and decide if it’s eligible to be referred to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada.
You don’t need to submit a new refugee claim through the IRCC Portal if you already submitted a claim
- through the Canadian Refugee Protection Portal
- by email
- through Canada Post’s Connect
- in person before March 17, 2020
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: