How do I ask for a refund if I paid my fees online or at a bank in Canada?
You can request a refund online if you have your receipt number. After you submit a request, we will contact you if we need more information and to update you on the status of your request.
If you used a credit card or a prepaid card to pay, we will issue a refund to the same card. Keep it until the refund is complete to prevent delays. If we can’t refund your payment to your credit card, we will issue a cheque.
If you paid at a bank in Canada or with an Interac® debit card, we will issue a cheque.
Refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
Find out how to get your receipt number if you don’t have it.
International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants, see refunds for IEC
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- Date modified: