How do I ask for a refund if I paid my fees online or at a bank in Canada?
You can request a refund online if you have your receipt number. After you submit a request, we will contact you if we need more information and to update you on the status of your request.
If you used a credit card or a prepaid card to pay, we will issue a refund to the same card. Keep it until the refund is complete to prevent delays. If we can’t refund your payment to your credit card, we will issue a cheque.
If you paid at a bank in Canada or with a debit card, we will issue a cheque.
Refunds can take up to eight weeks to process.
Find out how to get your receipt number if you don’t have it.
International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants, see refunds for IEC
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: