What is the difference between the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?
Use the Address Notification service if you’re an immigrant who has just arrived in Canada as a permanent resident. This will make sure you automatically get your permanent resident card.
If we don’t get your address within 180 days of the date you entered Canada, you’ll have to re-apply for a permanent resident card and pay the fee.
Change of Address
Everyone else should use the Change of Address service to tell us their new home or mailing address. For more information, see “Who can use the Change of Address online service?”
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: