How much work experience do I need to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?
To be eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class you must have completed, within the three years before you apply, at least:
- 12 months of full-time work:
- 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), OR
- equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
- 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must also complete an Express Entry profile.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date modified: