Can I renew my post-graduation work permit?
If you had to renew your passport
You can extend your PGWP with your new passport only if
- you were eligible for a PGWP but
- you didn’t get the full length because your passport was going to expire
Include this information in a letter of explanation when you apply to extend your PGWP.
If you’re an Express Entry applicant
You may be able to apply for a bridging open work permit if
- you’re waiting for a decision on a permanent residence application under Express Entry
- your current work permit expires in 4 months or less
- you have valid status on your work permit
- you’re currently in Canada
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date modified: