I need to give biometrics. What if there’s no visa application centre (VAC) in the country or territory I’m applying from?
If there’s no biometric service available where you live, you’ll have to find the location closest to you. As of December 31, 2018, there are over 152 VACs in 102 countries around the world where you can give your biometrics.
If you’re in Canada and you apply for an initial visitor visa, study or work permit, you may have to leave Canada to give your biometrics at the nearest visa application centre.
New VAC locations have opened in 2018. More will open in 2019.
If you’re already legally in the United States or a U.S. territory, you can give your biometrics at any of the 135 Application Support Centers.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an IRCC application?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
- I received a letter from IRCC saying that my permanent residence application is incomplete. I paid the old fees already, but want to submit a new application. How do I pay my new permanent residence fees?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date modified: