I was told that my permanent resident card was sent to me but I did not get it yet. What should I do?
If you did not get your PR card before six weeks have passed
If you are waiting for your PR card, but less than six weeks have passed from the time the card was mailed to you, you must wait until this time has passed.
If you did not get your PR card after six weeks have passed
If you are waiting for your PR card and six weeks have passed from the time the card was mailed to you and you did not get it, you must complete a solemn declaration. Mailing instructions are provided at the bottom of the form.
Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment.
Find out how long it may take for you to receive your new card.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
- Date modified: