How do I withdraw my application for family sponsorship?
Send us your request using this Web form.
In the text field, include:
- Your name,
- Your date of birth,
- Your complete address,
- The date the application was sent,
- Your client ID number (if available),
- The type of application (for example, sponsorship of my spouse),
- The reason for the withdrawal.
In the Web form, upload:
- A copy of the electronic payment receipt,
- a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (form IMM 5401).
Note: If your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident before we get your cancellation request, we can’t cancel your application. You will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.
Answers others found useful
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
- My courier did not deliver my PGP application to your PO Box. What should I do?
- What counts as income for sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What’s considered social assistance when sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What proof do I need for changes to my information after I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents?
- What if my birth certificate is different from other documents (or I don’t have one)?
- I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents, but didn’t get an email confirmation. How do I get it?
- On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
- Will you refuse my application if I put a different parent than on my interest to sponsor form?
- Do I need a marriage certificate for my parents/grandparents sponsorship application?
- I’m sponsoring my parent. I don’t know where their separated spouse is. How do I apply?
- Do I include time on parental leave in my employment history for sponsoring my parents?
- What do I put for the date of birth (or death) of my family member if I don’t know it?
- How can I quickly get information about my Canadian citizenship to sponsor parents/grandparents?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: