How do I sign my online application?
IRCC secure account
You have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature. Do not print out your application form to sign it.
To sign your online application
Type your name in the boxes.
Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. If you’re under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form for you.
Answer the security question.
This will be one of the four security questions you created when you registered your account. You must answer exactly as you did when you created them.
Online application to become a Canadian citizen
You can sign your application
- on the “Review and submit” page
- by providing your name and the city where you sign the application
- only after you answer all questions and upload all of the required documents
Permanent residence portal
To electronically sign your application
- below the section where you upload documents, go to the “Declaration” section
- choose “Start,” and answer all questions
- read the declaration and type your name into the field (this is your electronic signature)
- choose “Complete and return to application”
This will act as an electronic signature for the overall application and all digital forms.
Your first and last names must be exactly the same as on your passport.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: