After I click the Validate button on my application form, nothing happens and I don’t see the barcodes. Why?
There are a few reasons this could happen.
Your version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is out of date.
The forms you need to validate use special encoding. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 (or higher) to use them.
You’re using a cellphone, tablet or other mobile device.
The barcode forms don’t work on these kinds of devices.
You’re missing information in mandatory fields.
Mandatory fields are those marked with an asterisk (*).
When you click on the validation button, the PDF checks that you entered all the mandatory fields. If any are not complete, you won’t be able to validate the form
The dates you entered are conflicting or not in the right format.
Dates must be entered in the format of (YYYY-MM-DD)
You won’t be able to validate the form if you enter conflicting dates, such as
- using a date in the past for the date you plan to travel to Canada
- entering a future date for your birth date
You entered special characters into the form.
You cannot use special characters on our forms including spaces. Make sure to remove any spaces in fields that should be empty by pressing the backspace or delete button you may have entered by mistake.
There are also 2 known technical issues:
- Mac users: the new version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (DC) may cause some issues.
After making any changes or downloading new software, download a new version of the form and re-enter your information.
If you’re still having issues, find out how to let us know about technical problems.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
- Date modified: