What do I do if I have technical problems when applying online?
Change your sign-in partner if you're using "Choice Reward MasterCard"
Starting November 8, 2019, you will not be able to log in using "CHOICE Rewards MasterCard." If you started an online application, submit it before November 8, 2019. If you don't, you'll need to start over.
We want to know about any technical issues you’re having so we can help solve the issue.
If you have problems before you apply (while you’re filling out your online application or uploading your documents): Use the Report a technical issue button at the top of your account.
If you have problems after you submit your application: Use our web form and choose Technical difficulties as the type of enquiry.
To help us find and solve the issue as fast as possible, include :
- surname (last name)
- given name(s)
- date of birth
- country of birth
- the type of device you were using (PC , Mac, iPad, etc.)
- the browser you were using (including version)
- your general location (Africa, Asia, Europe, etc.)
- description of the problem or error message, including the date and time (including time zone) it happened
- screenshots of the page where you had the problem
- a copy/paste text of the full URL of the page
- as much information as possible about the steps you took before you had the problem
If you have it, also include your:
- Unique Client Identifier (UCI)/Client ID Number
- application number
- personal reference code
- current status in Canada and the date of expiration
- the date you applied
For technical issues uploading a form or document, include:
- a copy of the form or document you’re trying to upload (with all fields completed), and
- all your answers to the online questionnaire. To do this:
- choose “Modify my Answers” at the top of the page
- save your answers into a document by:
- taking screen shots or
- copying and pasting the text
For technical issues linking your application to a new account, include:
- all your answers on the “Link an existing application to this account” page. Save them in a document by:
- tak ing screenshots or
- copying and pasting the text
For all other technical issues, include:
- screenshots showing the full browser window of the:
- page where you’re having problems or trying to sign into your account
- error message(s) you got
If you need to send many documents and images, find out how to combine documents.
We’ll try to answer within 10 business days after you contact us . Don’t send your question more than once. It can delay our answer.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
Form and guide
- Date modified: