Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I need to ask the Canada Border Services Agency for a history of entries when applying for citizenship?

No. Provide consent by checking the “Yes” box for question 14B “Have you held travel documents and or passports during your eligibility period” on your citizenship application. This will give us permission to get your history of entries from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). It will also take less time than you asking the CBSA for your history.

We use your history of entries to make sure that you have been in Canada long enough to qualify for citizenship.

If you do not provide consent by checking the “Yes” box, you may be asked to send a request for personal information to the CBSA to get your history of entries. Doing this may make the time to process your application longer than the routine processing times for citizenship.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Glossary term

Date modified: