What is a personal reference code?
Your personal reference code is a unique code given to you through Come to Canada, our online eligibility tool. You’ll need to enter this code to:
- begin an online application for a visitor visa, study or work permit or
- carry your information from Come to Canada over to an Express Entry profile
You can find your personal reference code at the top of your results page after you answer all the questions in the tool.
You should write it down and print a copy of your results and/or checklist. This code is only valid for 60 days from the date you get it.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: