Why do I need to get a police certificate?
We use police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help immigration officers make sure you are not a security risk to Canada.
Learn more about police certificates.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an IRCC application?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
- I received a letter from IRCC saying that my permanent residence application is incomplete. I paid the old fees already, but want to submit a new application. How do I pay my new permanent residence fees?
- Date modified: