What is a POE Letter?
It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a:
- study permit,
- work permit, or
- Super Visa (only if you are from a country that does not require a visitor visa).
It is sometimes called the Correspondence Letter, Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit.
Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: