What is a POE Letter?
Help us improve our service!
It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – TR Abroad’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.
No worries. We really appreciate your time!
Unfortunately, you don’t meet the criteria for the tool we’re testing, but we really appreciate your time!
It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a:
- study permit,
- work permit, or
- Super Visa (only if you are from a country that does not require a visitor visa).
It is sometimes called the Correspondence Letter, Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit.
Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: