The refugee our group wanted to sponsor was refused after an interview. Can we appeal?
There is no formal appeal process. However, if you believe the visa officer made a legal error, you can send the details to the following address:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Jean Edmonds North Tower
300 Slater Street, 9th Floor
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
In some cases, you may seek a judicial review by the Federal Court of Canada. This is not an appeal on the merits of the case. Rather, this review examines the process that led to the decision, to see whether the process was fair and reasonable.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: