How do I give my fingerprints and get a RCMP criminal records check from inside or outside Canada?
If you lived in Canada for more than 6 months since the age of 18, you may be asked for fingerprints to complete your criminal record check by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this is not the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: