How much does it cost to participate in International Experience Canada?
There are no fees to submit a profile to an International Experience Canada (IEC) pool. You do have to pay fees when you submit an online work permit application. You need an invitation to apply to start your work permit application.
Your fees will depend on the IEC category you are applying for.
All IEC participants must pay the IEC participation fee.
To see the current fees for participating in IEC
- Go to Pay your fees.
- Select the country you’re applying from.
- Select Temporary residence under What type of application are you submitting?
- Select International Experience Canada (Working Holiday, International Co-op or Young Professionals).
Working Holiday participants
You must also pay the open work permit holder fee. This also applies to participants applying through a recognized organization.
Young Professionals and International Co-op (Internship) participants
You don’t have to pay any other fees. Your Canadian employer must do both of the following:
- pay the employer compliance fee
- complete and submit an offer of employment directly to IRCC
Your employer must complete these steps before you submit your work permit application.
This also applies to participants applying through a recognized organization.
Depending on your country or territory of citizenship, you may also need to submit your biometrics. If you do, you’ll need to pay the biometrics fee as well.
Answers others found useful
- How do I withdraw or delete my International Experience Canada profile?
- How do I sign my online visa or permit application?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Can I get a refund if I cancel my International Experience Canada work permit application?
- What is a POE Letter?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: