Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What are the language training programs funded by the Government of Canada?

Eligible newcomers can take classes at all levels (beginner, intermediate and advanced) through Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC), and Cours de langue pour les immigrants au Canada (CLIC).

There are also advanced job-specific language classes. These are available for certain jobs in selected locations.

You can take classes during the day, evening, or weekend. Some courses also offer childcare and transportation assistance.

You can get more information on all language training programs available to you from an organization that helps newcomers in your area.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: