Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I get a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship) for someone under 18 years old?

To prove a minor (under 18 years old) is a Canadian citizen, apply to get a citizenship certificate (adults and minors). Do not use the application form for Canadian citizenship (minors).

You must be their parent or legal guardian to apply for them. When answering the questions, fill in the form with the minor's information.

Answers others found useful


Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: