Can I apply to extend my work permit under the caregiver pilots?
You can only apply to extend your work permit under the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots if:
- your work permit was issued for less than 36 months because your passport was expiring, and
- you now have a new passport
In this case, you may be able to apply to extend your work permit up to a total of 36 months from the date it was issued.
For example, if we issued you a work permit that’s valid for 24 months, you may be able to extend it for another 12 months.
To avoid having to do this, make sure your passport or travel document is valid for at least 36 months before you apply.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: