Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What’s an occupation-restricted open work permit?

An occupation-restricted open work permit lets you work for any employer, but only in the occupation listed on the work permit.

For example, in the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots, you must work outside Quebec in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) jobs:

National Occupational Classification 2021

On November 16, 2022, we’re switching to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

If you plan on submitting an application on or after November 16, 2022, your job offer and qualifying work experience must meet the NOC 2021 requirements.

  • Home child care provider – NOC 4411 will be replaced with NOC 44100
  • Home support worker – NOC 4412 will be replaced with NOC 44101

If you have this type of work permit, your employer doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment to hire you.

You can change employers without getting a new work permit, as long as your new job is in the same occupation and you continue to meet any other conditions on your work permit.

Answers others found useful

Date modified: