Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?

You can work in many different areas. It depends on what you want to do and how hard you want to look for a job. Many participants find work in the tourism and hospitality industries (restaurants, pubs, and hotels), where employers are willing to offer temporary work for shorter periods of time.

If you have the right education, experience or certifications, you can also work in fields such as:

  • science
  • law
  • health
  • education
  • commerce
  • communications

Visit Job Bank to find jobs across Canada and to see the qualifications that employers are looking for.

If you are applying under the Young Professionals category, your job must add to your professional development. This means that it must be classified as a National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code Skill Type Level 0, A or B.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: