Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I need a job offer to submit my International Experience Canada profile?

IEC participants: Requirements for travel to Canada

Only IEC participants with a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction and a valid job offer are eligible to travel to Canada right now. You must also be able to start your job as soon as you complete your quarantine. Check the start date on your job offer before you travel.

To learn more about restrictions for travel to Canada and additional testing and quarantine requirements use the Flying to Canada requirements checklist.

It depends on the category you’re applying for.

Working Holiday

You don’t need a job offer to submit your profile.

Young Professionals or International Co-op (Internship)

Before you submit your profile, you must have a signed letter of offer or contract of employment for a

  • job;
  • work placement; or
  • internship.

If you receive an invitation to apply for a work permit, contact your employer. Before you submit your work permit application, your employer must

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: