Do I need a job offer to submit my International Experience Canada profile?
IEC participants: Requirements for travel to Canada
Only IEC participants with a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction and a valid job offer are eligible to travel to Canada right now. You must also be able to start your job as soon as you complete your quarantine. Check the start date on your job offer before you travel.
To learn more about restrictions for travel to Canada and additional testing and quarantine requirements use the Flying to Canada requirements checklist.
It depends on the category you’re applying for.
You don’t need a job offer to submit your profile.
Young Professionals or International Co-op (Internship)
Before you submit your profile, you must have a signed letter of offer or contract of employment for a
- work placement; or
If you receive an invitation to apply for a work permit, contact your employer. Before you submit your work permit application, your employer must
- pay the employer compliance fee of CAN$230; and
- complete and submit an offer of employment to us.
Answers others found useful
- What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I travel with a specific person for International Experience Canada?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under International Experience Canada to come with me?
- How long does it take to get an International Experience Canada invitation to apply?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: