Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I’m almost too old for International Experience Canada. Can I still apply?

Yes. You can submit a profile to an International Experience Canada (IEC) pool. Your profile will stay in the pool until:

  • your birthday (when you no longer meet the age requirements set out by the agreement in place for your country of citizenship),
  • we remove all profiles from the pool, or
  • your profile has been in the pool for 365 days.

If we invite you to apply for a work permit before your birthday, you have passed our eligibility assessment for the age requirements for IEC.

If we approve your work permit application, you must enter Canada while your Port of Entry (POE) Letter is still valid. You do not have to enter Canada before your birthday.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: