Can I have both a study permit and a work permit under International Experience Canada?
Yes. You can have two valid permits at the same time under International Experience Canada (IEC). If you receive an invitation to apply, you can apply for an IEC work permit even if you have a valid study permit. You can also apply for a study permit if you have a valid work permit through IEC.
IEC is not meant for foreign youth who plan to study in Canada for more than six months during their IEC participation. If you want to study in Canada for more than six months, you must apply for a study permit.
See also: I want to study in Canada for less than six months. Do I need a study permit?
Answers others found useful
- What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I travel with a specific person for International Experience Canada?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under International Experience Canada to come with me?
- How long does it take to get an International Experience Canada invitation to apply?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: