Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
You may be able to apply to change your status from “worker” to “visitor.” We consider tourists to be visitors.
Read the Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada guide to find out
- you’re eligible to change your status; and
- what you need to do to change your status.
You need to apply at least 30 days before your work permit expires. There is no guarantee your application will be approved.
Answers others found useful
- Can I come to Canada before I receive my POE Letter?
- What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?
- Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: