Is there a limit on the number of caregiver applications you accept under the pilots?
Yes. We only process up to 5,500 applications each year under the caregiver pilots:
- 2,750 applications for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot
- 2,750 applications for the Home Support Worker Pilot
If your application is incomplete or we receive it after the limit has been reached, we return it to you along with your processing fees.
The pilot caps reset on January 1, 2023
As of January 1, 2023, you can apply under the 2023 caps for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot.
There are changes for the 2023 application process
Read all the changes to these pilots before you apply. Make sure you follow our updated instructions.
2023 application caps
Before you apply, make sure you check the latest updates about the cap for the pilot and category you want to apply to.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: